Tuesday 13 January 2015

New Stash : )

Morning sweet peeps and hope you are OK today : )

It’s time for another catch up with the Papertake Weekly girlies and this week our theme is

It’s All New

so all we want you to do this week is to either create something for a new event ie a new house, a new job, a new baby, a new year etc
OR use something new from your stash you you haven't used before.
OR maybe Santa brought you something new?
OR maybe you could use a technique that you haven't tried before.

And ….

… this is what I did (please excuse this rubbish pic me darlins!!)!!!

I bought a Sissix Step Up Die ands this is it’s first outing. 
There are 21 different dies in the set and I'm sure I will use this again.

The papers I used are all Lili of The Valley and they are Pastel Dreams and Up Up & Away.
Love these papers soooo much (clean and fresh).


There are lots of flowers and leaves in the set so I had a bit of a play – like you do : )

I made a rosette flower by cutting 2 strips 8” x 1” and gluing them together then punching one edge and accordion folding.


I went a bit made with the old liquid pearls as well …..

… and took this pic before they were properly dried.
Doh!!!
Hence there are one or two smudges.
Oh well, a blind man on a galloping horse probably wouldn't notice!!

But he would notice the gorgeous bow made from Royal Peacock Seam Binding, topped with a Pale Pink Spotty Button, both from The Ribbon Girl.

So that’s the old card done.

We had a very busy weekend as it was Kyla’s 9th birthday.
I say it every year but I cannot believe where the time has gone or that we have had her for 9 years. She was a gift to us and she has been nothing but a constant source of joy - a loving and lovely kid, even though I know I am very biased!!! Anyway, we went out on Saturday evening for tea and then she had her party with her friends on Sunday. She wanted a laser quest party and it was good fun, although I have to say that the people who seemed to be enjoying it most were my Emma and Richard!!!


And I am back on the good old bad old diet and have had a 3lb weight loss this week despite eating out on Saturday.
I’d put on half a stone over Chrimbly and I could feel it so there was nothing for it, the lardage had to go.


And I am trying out a brand new craft – one very close to my heart. I’ll post pics and share a bit more when I am a bit better but I'm keeping all the pics and hopefully you can see an improvement.


Right on that note I better go.
Have the best day and hugs to all xxx

 

4 comments:

Liz's creative corner said...

Fabulous card hun, love the shape,colours and smudges he he, stop your teasing i want to know now!!!!! lol,
hugs Liz xx

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous card Dawny, feels like spring is around the corner just looking at it until l look outside and it is snowing a blizzard lol.
Happy New Year x Susan x

Debs said...

Gorgeous card Dawny - love the shape and beautiful DP's.
Sounds like a great weekend was had by all.
Know the feeling about the weight gain - I too am back on track with a healthy eating plan - we got a Nutribullet at Christmas and it's great for healthy nutritious drinks - that are really quite filling :o)
Can't wait to hear and see your new crafty makes.
Debs xx

Clair Matthews said...

Beautiful card xx