Wednesday 15 April 2015

Take One Header Die …..

Hi lovely peeps and hope you are all OK and enjoying your evening.

I was having a play with some of the gorgeous Tonic header dies while I was at Ally Pally over the weekend and the more I used them, the more I was smitten. So I thought I’d share some ideas here –they are sooo versatile.

I’ve stuck to the same header set, Garden Terrace,  and basically the same colours and embellies etc – hope you like.

I’ll pop a list at the every end of the post so that you can see what’s what, and tomorrow I’ll put on the last 2 cards and a pic of them all together (if I can work out how to do that of course lol).


So for the first one, I’ll start with the conventional way of using them.

I drew a line across the centre of the card and lined up the outside edge, ran it though the machine and then did the same with the inside edge.
The centre is just layered up with Scalloped Squares and a Trellis Circle die.

 

The blooms are made using dies from the beautiful Entwining Trellis  Bellus Buttercup and Delicate Daisy sets.  I added some Nuvo Crystal Drops in Neptune to the centres  but then I sprinkled over it with Diamond Nuvo Glitter


 

I love how it brings out so many colours



I added some little leaves cut from the Flora Frames set and a Frond Finesse flourish.


So for the second card ….

… I kept it very plain and simple.

I just used the inside edge on the front of my card base, added a ribbon and bow, another bloom using the same dies as above and this time I added Pearl Nuvo Crystals.

The sentiment is cut from the Happy Birthday Topper set

It’s such an easy card to put together and takes no time at all.

So here’s the supplies I used -

Tonic Garden Terrace Header Die Set

Tonic Layering Dies Set - Scalloped Squares

Tonic Trellis Circles Die Set

Tonic  Topper die set - Happy Birthday Pansy

Tonic Entwining Trellis Bellus Buttercup Set

Tonic Entwining Trellis Delicate Daisy set
Tonic Nuvo Crystal Drops – Pearl

Tonic Nuvo Glitter – Diamond

I’ll see you tomorrow with the last 2 but till then, have a great evening and hugs to all xx

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Dawny what wonderful cards I love how you have used the same die set to make two totally different cards. and the colours and the design are wonderful.
Debs xx
http://www.debsartliffscards.blogspot.co.uk/

Sharon said...

Love love love them Dawny. Especially love the second - so elegant.
Enjoy playing some more.
Hugs Sharon. x

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Wow, wow, wow! These are so stylish and elegant, I love them!
Rebecca.
x

Jane said...

Gorgeous cards Dawny thanks for sharing x

Debra K. said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards Dawny! Must start playing with my tonic header dies. Debra x